Audio Commentary on the Visual Bible - Acts DVD
[Series began summer of 2010 | Posting of audio began August 2010 | Posting finished Aug 7, 2011]
I taught (remotely, over the web, from Mississippi
to Palo Alto CA) a verse-by-vers class on the Book of Acts. Below is
the description that was in the flyer:
Commentary of the Book of Acts in Video.
"This course consists of a running commentary on a theatrical
production of the book of Acts. Glenn and the audience watch the DVD
together, with Glenn frequently pausing the video to explain points of
history, theology, cultural background, and scriptural context – as
well as the impact the biblical text had on the audience in each scene.
Glenn is present with us via Skype video, and is remotely controlling
the DVD player in the room."
The sessions were hosted
Alto by the gracious
We are recording the audio--both my comments and that of the video--and
making edited versions of them available here at the ThinkTank.
Due to copyright restrictions (all legitimate, IMHO), we cannot
reproduce the video here, so some of my comments about something
'visual' in the scene will not make sense to the audio-only listeners.
But most of my comments will not require the visual element to be
understandable (assuming they are understandable at all!!!), so I think
this is worth doing.
Each session was around 90 minutes long, so the mp3 files are large.
Also due to copyright restrictions, I cannot reproduce the DVD
narration of the NIV translation of the scriptures in its
entirety. Copyrights for bible translations generally prohibit
reproduction of 'an entire book' of the bible, and since this series
covers the book of the Gospel of John in its entirety (even though no
single mp3 file does--and that probably would exempt us from being in
violation), I have edited the DVD audio at a few points, replacing the
NIV translation of a passage with some other translation (e.g. ESV,
NASB, etc). So, the switch in voice from the DVD narrator's
'professional sounding voice' to the 'less appealing and more
confusing' voice of myself is done for that reason.
I will be 'quickening' (smile) the links below as I finish the
edits/posting to the website.
- May 23/2010, Acts 1:1-1:22 (MP3, 25MB, 1:35)
- June 6/2010, Acts 1:23-2:41 (MP3, 27MB, 1:50)
- June 13/2010, Acts 2:42-4:6 (MP3, 26MB, 1:42)
- June 27/2010, Acts 4:6-5:10 (MP3, 27MB, 2:14)
- July 18/2010, Acts 5:11-6:7 (MP3, 28MB, 1:42)
- July 25/2010, Acts 6:8-7:49 (MP3, 28MB, 2:08)
- Aug 1/2010, Acts 7:49-8:24 (MP3, 28MB, 1:54)
- Aug 15/2010, Acts 8:24-9:16 (MP3, 44MB, 1:34)
- Aug 22/2010, Acts 9:16-9:43 (MP3, 44MB, 1:27)
- Sep 12/2010, Acts 10:1-10:48 (MP3, 44MB, 1:32)
- Sep 19/2010, Acts 10:48-11:30 (MP3, 42MB, 1:31)
- Sep 26/2010, Acts 12:1-13:6 (MP3, 42MB, 1:26)
- Oct 10/2010, Acts 13:6-13:36 (MP3, 45MB, 1:33)
- Oct 17/2010, Acts 13:36-14:7 (MP3, 40MB, 1:30)
- Oct 24/2010, Acts 14:7-15:12 (MP3, 50MB, 1:39)
- Nov 14/2010, Acts 15:12-15:35 (MP3, 35MB, 1:18)
- Nov 21/2010, Acts 15:35-16:24 (MP3, 42MB, 1:30)
- Jan 9/2011, Acts 16:24-17:10 (MP3, 40MB, 1:30)
- Jan 16/2011, Acts 17:10-17:34 (MP3, 43MB, 1:40)
- Jan 30/2011, Acts 18:1-18:28 (MP3, 43MB, 1:40)
- Feb 27/2011, Acts 19:1-19:27 (MP3, 39MB, 1:33)
- Mar 3/2011, Acts 19:28-20:17 (MP3, 38MB, 1:30)
- Mar 13/2011, Acts 20:17-21:07 (MP3, 41MB, 1:37)
- Mar 27/2011, Acts 21:8-21:39 (MP3, 38MB)
- May 1/2011, Acts 21:39-22:24 (MP3, 42MB)
- May 8/2011, Acts 22:25-23:35 (MP3, 41MB)
- May 15/2011, Acts 24:1-25:12 (MP3, 41MB)
- Jun 5/2011, Acts 25:13-26:23 (MP3, 44MB)
- Jun 26/2011, Acts 26:24-27:38 (MP3, 39MB)
- Jul 17/2011, Acts 27:39-28:30 (MP3, 44MB)